Correctly Incorrect TR250 top -- Correct reflective stripes with zip ou

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Correctly Incorrect TR250 top -- Correct reflective stripes with zip out window.]
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:44:01 -0400
Hmmm.... I've been getting some rather negative feedback because of my
post -- attached below. It was not well worded, so it's probably my own
fault.

The offending line is:

"I saw one of these Robbins tops at the TRF S/P and it was very nice."

I saw the top on a car in the autocross parking lot at Indiana
University on Saturday afternoon -- not at TRF. I waited for the owner
to return and he said he got it at Robbins.

TRF carried these tops and they were on sale in the first winter parts
catalog of 2002/2003. I ordered one from them, but my invoice contained
a notation that the top was not available, but if one ever came
available, TRF would let me know.

I called TRF months ago and asked about the possibility of getting one
because I knew Robbins made them -- or used to. TRF told me it was not
possible to get these tops.

So I've been checking around. British Parts Northwest (BPNW) saw my
posts on this list some time back, and asked me if they could be of help.

BPNW contacted Robbins and Robbins said they would make the top if 10
were ordered. BPNW said they would take three. To tell you the truth, I
had already told BPNW I could probably take seven or so, so something
tells me they are just picking up the slack to make the deal happen for us.

I make no money from this. It's the only way I can get one for myself. I
can't buy 10.

BPNW is a great place. I was ordering some parts from them, and they
told me they carried one particular part, but I should get it from TRF,
because TRF was about the same price and the quality was better. That
little bit of honesty, along with the back order situation at TRF, has
lead me to buy a LOT of parts at BPNW. BPNW is a great place. They just
don't carry everything I need. I need TRF...or Moss.

Don Malling

Original Post below

British Parts Northwest has been working with me on sourcing a TR250 top
with correct TR250 reflective stripes but with a zip out plastic window
which is incorrect for the TR250.

These stripes will be above the side doors and above the rear window.

The top is made by Robbins and is made in the crushed grain black or
white vinyl for $288.00. I expect there is some shipping costs involved.
It may be available in cloth but at a higher cost. I will check into that.

Robbins needs to make 10 of these tops. BPNW will take 3 of them and I
need to find buyers for the other seven.

I saw one of these Robbins tops at the TRF S/P and it was very nice.

Let me know if you are interested.