Powder Coaters and Sandblasters in the SF Bay Area--any recommendations?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Powder Coaters and Sandblasters in the SF Bay Area--any recommendations?
From: BigOldWumper@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 02:10:31 EDT
I am looking to have my chassis sandblasted and powdercoated and am wondering
if anyone has any recommendations of places in the SF Bay Area. After
reporting the exorbinant prices charged by my local machine shop here on the
Triumph
list, and in return getting numerous recommendations of reputable shops in the
Bay Area from other list members, I was thinking I should try for
recommendations here first (as I should have last time.)

I was going to sandblast the chassis myself, but after considering how long
it takes me to really sandblast even small parts, like bumper brackets and
such, I'm thinking of having it done by a professional with superior equipment.
have heard of people having their TR chassis sandblasted professionally for <
$300, and I figure if I can find a shop that can do it for that or less it
would likely be worth it. I've called numerous paint, body, and repair shops in
the yellow pages, and none of them could sandblast anything that large, so I am
not sure what type of place to even look for. Possibly a place that can do
some kind of 'chemical' dip would be just as effective, and a better value--?

And as for powder coaters, if anyone has had any success with anyone local,
I'd be interested to know who you used. Was also thinking of having it rust
proofed by someplace like 'Ziebarts' but the only Ziebarts I know of is all the
way up in Stockton, but possibly there are other places that do rust proofing
processes. Anyway, all recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sean

'67 TR4A, in 13-14 million pieces.