Re: AOL

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AOL
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:36:15 -0700
I have always been suspicious of an outfit that sends out Millions?
of "Free" CDs with "Free" minutes of usage, looks like my suspicions
are correct.  I have always used a local ISP and have never been more
than satisfied, my current ISP charges $16.95 for unlimited access at
56K (unfortunately DSL has not reached the back country yet).  My son
and daughter are using Earthlink, a little more but so far reliable.

LBC Content:
        Finally have the header installed...turns out it was for a
TR4,  and the TR3 intake manifold would not fit (the balance tube hit
on the header), installed a TR4 intake manifold, all fits
well...except I can no longer use my K&N filters...not enough
clearance for the front one.  Good news is that the Original AC
filters (with  offset holes) work, so I will be using them (hmm
wonder if I could have them chrome plated??)  For a while there it
was  one step forward and two steps back. Even had  trouble with the
accelerator linkage, the "new" long rod from Moss was two inches too
long but I cut more threads  and trimmed off the excess so all is
well...butterfly fully closed when gas pedal up, and fully  open when
I put the "pedal to the metal". It was interesting to see the wear
on all the  old ball joints in the linkage...everyone of them were
worn flat on two sides, know wonder it had a tendency to stick.  I
assembled all the new ones with Mobil One grease so they should last
for a while.
        Had not planed on VTR...no trailer  and  way too far in
August...I think the idea of combining VTR with Triumphest is a great
one...somewhere close to the middle where it is cool <G>

--
Bill Pugh
anabil@caltel.com