Re: Dash replacement

To: <rcrabbe@sympatico.ca>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dash replacement
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:33:44 -0600
Richard, I did this 3 years ago and I think that the 4 small gauges attach to
the wooden dash first along with the dimmer and idiot lights, then you hook
them up.  Then you offer up the dash to the car.  Finally you put the speedo
and tach gauges, wiper switch and light switch in last.

John - 1976 TR6

Richard wrote:>
Now I'm getting to the 2 beer situation - is there an easier way to putting
the dash and guages back into the car.
I've tried hooking up the wires to the guages - I've tried just the guages
with the intent of hooking wires up after - I don't think theres much I've
missed except the right one !
Can anyone who has returned a dash to a 76 TR 6 please give me some wisdom
as to a way that works without hurting the car or myself.