Re: ale (not much LBC)

To: Triumph Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ale (not much LBC)
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:25:52 -0400
On 10 Jul 2003 at 11:57, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> I was told in a very chilled voice that they only serve beer and ale
> was NOT beer.

Wow.  Ale is not a lager, and certainly not the Pilsener type.  (Did
I missspelll Pilsener?  Should it be Pilsner?)  But I always thought
(and have read) that the term beer was generic, referring to
fermented barley malt regardless of the fermentation style.  Gack.
What would the folks from Plzen, a.k.a. Pilsen, think?

Beer, er, I mean ale sure is good after setting the valves.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com