RE: Looking for a Switch (NO LBC)

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Looking for a Switch (NO LBC)
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:39:02 -0700 FILETIME=[8C971670:01C340EB]
> First off this does not specifically pertain to LBC's.
>  I'm having a really hard time finding an electrical
> switch for my Toyota truck.  I'm looking for a rocker
> switch, (on)-off-(on) ( () means momentary) rated at
> 12V 20Amps, DPDT (Dual Pole Double Throw). What I'm
> trying to do is bypass some screwy cirecuitry that
> controls the tailgate window motor.

Ian, that's a tough one.  I would suggest either using an ordinary power
window switch (from a Stag for example) ; or else a standard duty SPDT
(on)-off-(on) switch (readily available from Radio Shack, etc.) and a pair
of high current SPDT relays.  Let me know if you don't see how to control a
window motor with a pair of SPDT relays.

Randall