Re: TRA

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRA
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:08:26 EDT
> Kudos to Lou Metelko, and all of his helpers, for a great job in
> administering
> the TRA meet in Auburn, IN over the weekend. Also to Joe Richards for his
> restoration of  TS10L, the mother car. I'm sure I speak for all in
> attendance
> that a great time was had by all. Great weather, great people, great
> facilities, great cars. What more could you ask for?

I wholeheartedly agree with Bob's comments about TRA!  This was my first-ever
TR outing, and my wife and I had an absolute ball spending time with other TR
enthusiasts and their magnificent cars.  I can't say enough about the
hospitality and arrangements for the event.  And the weather!  We had four of
the
most glorious, top-down days in Indiana's history.  Just ideal for tooling
around
the countryside.

Thanks, also, to Brett Johnson of the Indiana Triumph Cars club for putting
together a fun rally that was as enjoyable as it was maddening.  Participants
had to locate items along the route that corresponded to photos provided at the
start.  I never want to see another gazing ball or LPG tank in my life.

For grins, I threw my not-ready-for-primetime TR3A in the concourse
competition to discover its weak points.  Let's just say it was a humbling
experience,
and I have a new respect for those of you devoted to originality and ultimate
quality.  I felt like Tiny Tim in a lineup of Chippendale dancers.  :-)  But I
learned a ton, and that was the whole point.

TRA has really whet our appetite to attend other meetings.  Hope to meet
others from the list out in Pennsylvania for the VTR/TRF blowout in August.
Great
job and kudos to Lou and all those who helped put on this terrific bash!

Bill Stagg
1961 TR3A