Re: A terrible sight for a poor man - British cars sighting

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>, "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A terrible sight for a poor man - British cars sighting
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:58:40 -0400
Mark Hooper wrote:

> Well it's formula one week in Montreal.

Indeed, finally get to watch qualifying and the race at a normal hour!

> Yesterday they blocked off the street in front of our offices
> and started erecting tents and car stands all up the street in
> front of the restaurants. Today when I arrived at work I see that
> some of the tents and all of the stands are full of  new Jaguar
> cars. 50 feet from the front door is one tent with a beautiful
> green XKR convertible from the 007 movie Die Another Day
> (the one driven by Zao).

The other evening, I had to make a run to Lowes to pickup another bucket of
drywall screws.  There happened to be an emerald color XKR coupe in the
parking lot.  I parked next to it and then spent the next for fifteen
minutes just staring at it... powerful, gorgeous, and BRG.

Maybe they'll be affordable for me in 15 years :P

Kai