Re: [triumph_herald] Re: Is there anywhere in the world? New Zealand...?

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Re: Is there anywhere in the world? New Zealand...?
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:35:57 +0100
On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, at around 09:32:14 local time, John Kipping
<johnkipping@inet.net.nz> wrote:
>Better not go too far down this road, however one poor aspect of New Zealand
>is its attitude to rust, bizarre is the word that springs to mind.
>Effectively what you have to do is either bodge up everything before the
>test, or take the car in for a pre test test because once you get into the
>loop of rust, and an approved person to fix it, it can be difficult to get
>out of it as it all goes into a central computer.

Well, at least I know in advance...

>Fags are about #3 a pack, alcohol is cheap (330ml can about 35p)

Both cheaper than here, then.   Good, good...

!

> The main advantage of New
>Zealand is that in theory it can sort it owns problems out, there is no
>European super state telling it how straight the bananas must be etc.

Excellent...

>You probably don't want to know that 10 acres of land on the outskirts of
>Christchurch costs about #70,000,

You couldn't get a one-bedroom flat for that in my home town.   My
sister has just bought a similar-sized plot in rural Cheshire - for just
over half a million.

> sink a well and pull up all the water you
>want at 1p a cubic metre, (subject to a resource consent where your problems
>may start)

It is all sounding very attractive at the moment.   Of course, the
biggest advantage to Triumph owners thinking of moving to New Zealand is
the proximity of the Great Guru.   Maybe I'll be a neighbour one of
these days, John!

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671