Re: Warning to Ebay sellers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Warning to Ebay sellers
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 16:10:16 -0500
Mark Bradakis wrote:

> If you plan on selling a Triumph on Ebay in the near future, you
> may wish to block bids from a user named kielseratten . . .
> he bids freely on cars with no intention of making a purchase.

There appears to be no shortage of those bozos. Ebay has apparently not yet
found a way to stop bids placed by bored children, folks "just goofing
around", outright scammers, those with lots of time but no money, and a few
who seem to think that "winning" an auction is just the first step in the
negotiation process.

When you add the unconsummated sales to the number of auctions that don't
meet reserve, the auctions that are ended early because (allegedly) "the
item is no longer available for sale" and those where the starting price is
so high that there are no bidders, I have to wonder how often eBay auctions
end with a car actually changing hands.

Jim Hill
Madison WI