RE: seeking air horn recommendation

To: "Cregg Cowan" <cowan@erg.sri.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: seeking air horn recommendation
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:07:33 -0700 FILETIME=[643DCEB0:01C32BD0]
> I've been considering the addition of air horns as an alternative to my
> stock TR6 horns (to help deflect the
> cell-phone-talking-while-driving-HUGE-SUV type of problem...).

FWIW, I just learned that Susquehanna Motorsports (recommended by Chris
Kantarjiev, Thanks Chris !) has the Hella Supertone horns on sale for
$61.00.  These are conventional horns, in metal, and supposedly quite loud.
Some web sites give the spl rating as 118db, which is only 2db short of the
threshold of actual pain !  Wearing hearing protection while testing is
definitely recommended ...

They also have Hella air horns at pretty good prices.
www.rallylights.com

NFI, etc.
Randall