Re: Door Glass Question

To: "INTERNET:ZoboHerald@aol.com" <ZoboHerald@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Door Glass Question
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 08:29:16 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <rcabbe@sympatico.ca>, "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <105671.471@compuserve.com> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h53CZltn006950
Message text written by INTERNET:ZoboHerald@aol.com
>>Can anyone advise me if the window glass (doors) for a TR6 are
>interchangeable, after the track has been changed. I broke the one for the
>left side, putting it in and have 2 more for the right side that are in
good
>order.  If I change the track will it fit.
>
>Crabby

I don't have a TR6 Spare Parts Catalogue, but the SPC for the TR250 shows
only one door glass, p/n 750135, which (according to TRF) supercedes to:

820508  T46 GLASS, Door 59.95       CUR (from their 2002 Price List)

There are "handed" window regulator channel assemblies, but the glass
itself
is interchangeable. If you look at an "original" car, you'll probably
notice
that the Triplex logo faces the same way on both pieces of glass, i.e., the

logo is "inside" on one side of the car and "outside" on the opposite side
of the
car.
<

It just occured to me that the metal piece at the bottom will have to be
swapped out to go with the "handed" regulator.

Thanks

Dave