Painting Engine Blocks

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting Engine Blocks
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 06:16:46 -0700
    I just had my TR3 engine block soda blasted and am getting ready to
paint it. Bob Schaller recommended priming it with "cold galvanized" before
applying a light colored engine paint. At a local speed shop, they swear by
POR15. I've also looked at POR15 high temp engine paint, but didn't like the
colors.
     A friend of mine recommends POR15. He says that while the paint is
still tacky that I should spray the engine paint. He says if I wait until it
dries then I have to use a POR15 primer between the coats (which is one more
thing to flake off). Do any listers have experience with this?
     Any suggestions from the list?

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, California