RE: TR-6 and HIF carbs

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'pbitton@axess.com'" <pbitton@axess.com>
Subject: RE: TR-6 and HIF carbs
From: James Tschaikowsky <TschaikowskyJ@ORVIS.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:31:29 -0400
Hi Patrick:

I have been running a pair of HS6 carbs from a TR4A for a couple of years or
so - I love them, appear to give more power and operate more smoothly than
my admittedly worn strombergs. Obviously they are not the same as your HIF
carbs and I do not remember exactly what number needle I used (I do remember
it was stock for Austin Healy BJ7 or 8).

However, I do remember the guy who recommended the needles to me and also
recommended some other stuff: different float bowls, avoid grose jets etc,
all of which proved to be absolutely correct, so I would say the guy knows
his SU's. Guys name is Joe Curto (718) 762 7878. He is in business to
rebuild all things SU so you may want to consider buying stuff from him if
you like what he has to say.

Regards

James Tschaikowsky
'76 TR6