tr3a headlight rim removal tool

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tr3a headlight rim removal tool
From: "Chris Jameson" <chrisjameson@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:58:17 +1000
I am having some difficulty removing the chrome headlight rims on a
tr3a.  They are the later style rims with no screw.  The handbook
(practical hints etc) illustrates a tool to do this job.  Does anybody
have the dimensions for this `tool', which just looks like an `L' shaped
piece of metal?  If so, I can make one up..The handbook mentions the
application of this tool at the bottom of the rim, but there does not
seem to be a lot of room for a tool between the headlight rim and the
painted apron  sockets..any tips?

Cheers,

Chris