Re: Engine Weight?

To: Jim Hill <jrhill@chorus.net>, andylit@covad.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Weight?
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:13:35 -0400
Would it weigh more or less in a ballpark? And would it depend on the
ballpark? Perhaps Henway Park? What's a Henway? 'Bout 5 lbs...

Now with regard to your swallow questions, what is the ambient air temp, dew
point, humidity, fuel load, and lift capacity of the swallow? Also, it this
the initial takeoff velocity, or IAS in flight- and is said flight a level
glide, vX, vA, vNO, vNE, vS,vO- There are too many parameters to have one
single answer... And this is probably the wrong list for this topic of
discussion; I recommend you forthwith refer this question to
unladenswallowvelocity@yahoogroups.com

Scott

> Andy Litkowiak wrote:
>
> > Anyone have a ballpark figure for the weight of a TR6 long block?
>
> No idea.
>
> > Also, still looking for the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.
>
> What do you mean?  An African or European swallow? (African swallows, of
> course, are non-migratory.)
>
> Jim Hill
> "The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover
> may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our
land?"