FW: Spin on Adaptor TR-6 Moss Motors

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Spin on Adaptor TR-6 Moss Motors
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:24:03 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Paige, Dean
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 3:07 PM
To: 'Randall Young'
Subject: RE: Spin on Adaptor TR-6 Moss Motors

I did talk with Jason at Moss the aternon. Also e-mailed pics of the
offending unit next to my original non cooler adaptor for comparison. He
said he would ship a new unit either today or Monday morning. We shall see.
I just don't understand the problem with MOCAL. The problematic machining on
these things should not require rocket science. It appears to me to be just
plain shoddy quality control. The machined mating surface and o-ring groove
should be a simple matter with a properly set up lathe. My local machine
shop said they could easily weld up the bollixed up area and machine it to
close tolerances. Problem is that for just one piece, welding and lathe set
up would take up to two hours at $75/hr.  Same goes for drilling out and
tapping the blanked holes in my old adaptor that accept fittings for the oil
cooler. I may be forced to go this route if all else fails. I looked at the
MOCAL website and they seem ot have an extensive line of products for use in
all kind of auto applications. Why they can' get this right is beyond me.

Deano