Grease on Manifolds

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grease on Manifolds
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:50:36 -0400
Howdy listers,

I had a fun weekend pulling the engine and transmission out of a TR6 and
then putting the transmission in my TR4.

All in all it was a good weekend. . .hope everyone else's was too.

I'm looking at the exhaust header out of the TR6.  It was ceramic coated
(Jethot maybe?)  by a previous owner.

The TR6 had some nasty oil leaks before I took it out of commission, and
some of the drips went down the header and cooked on there real good.

Anyone have recommendations on how to clean this sucker off?

I'd love to hear them.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 everyday
Leesburg, VA