Re: What size battery for my TR4?

To: "Freeman, Noah" <nfreeman@baincapital.com>
Subject: Re: What size battery for my TR4?
From: "BRIAN SANBORN" <brian.sanborn@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:25:56 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Noah,

I think 24 is correct.  AutoZone makes a very highly rated
top line battery that is the correct size.  Based on the
advances in battery design... that size battery is now
more than twice the capcity rating than what was used in
the when the car was new.

I will look up the AutoZone part number if you like... but
they actually had the 1962 Triumph TR4 in the database.
 If you don't care about the looks at all... almost any
battery with the older posts will work.  But they end up
half the size for the space and clamp provided and tend to
get loose and/or leap onto the engine on hard stops.

Brian