Re: TR-4, 1200, Spitfire - Accessories Brochure

To: jholekamp@sbcglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-4, 1200, Spitfire - Accessories Brochure
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:01:16 EDT
Jay,
First of all Thank You Very Much for sharing your Accessory Brochures.
Believe me I have been printing all of them on photo grade paper to use as
Concours Judging references.  Of particular interest to me is the offering of
A/R Mag Wheels for various models including the TR4A and now the TR4.  I
truly had no clue that they were offered for Spitfire MK 2's. They would have
to be 13" and I have never seen such a thing.  Is there anyone out there that
has a set?

I am curious if there is a date anywhere on the TR4 information?  There has
been much debate on A/R Mags regarding whether they where an official Triumph
accessory or a Dealer aftermarket item, especially on early TR4's.  Your info
gives me the ammo I need to make the point that they are official Triumph.

By the way you make a good point about the accessory rubber mats but we ask
that they be removed so we can inspect the carpet or in the case of TR4's the
factory rubber mats underneath.

Regards,
Darrell Floyd
VTR Chief Judge
62 TR4 (sporting official Triumph Accessory 8 spoke A/R Mags)