Good day, bad day

To: tr list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good day, bad day
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:43:58 -0700
Well, the plan (my plan at least) was that I would spend a good chunk
of spring break working on getting the interior back into my TR4A.
Aside from finding enough time to pull the tranny cover (oil was
leaking around the bump on the right hand side, I think it is there for
OD cars) and stripping the hood frame to have sandblasted and powder
coated (it came out great), I spent most of the week busy with the
family.

But finally, today was the day.  My wife was off to lunch with friends
from work, and the kids were busy with the new Harry Potter DVD.

The first order of business was to install the new window channels.  I
had been dreading this, because it just looked like one of those jobs
that could sink a whole afternoon.  But much to my surprise, after
raising the window I was able to unbolt them one at a time, pull them
out, and install the new ones.  The only hard one was the front
driver's side, because I had to use my left hand to manipulate it into
place.  But the whole operation took less than an hour (I already had
the door panels stripped).  Now the windows don't rattle when the door
is close.

Next, I stared on the b-post covering, got the side strip of carpet in,
and got the wheel well foam on.  I'm still dreading getting the vinyl
over the well tight, I may try to get a shop to do it.  So I decide to
end with a small task, installing the new door panels (all the interior
parts are from TRF).  I pulled out the passenger side, and notices that
there were no holes for the door handle and window handle.  There where
two small holes in the general area of each.  Holding the panel up to
the door, it was obvious which one was correct.  So I pull the other
one out to check, and notice that it has a nice cut out spot in the
covering  for the door handle --- in the wrong spot!

Of course, being on the west coast, it is too late to call TRF until
Monday.  And considering that it took 3-4 months to get the original
panels, I'm not counting on getting a replacement anytime soon.
Hopefully they will let me install the bad one in the meantime.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L