Carb Floats

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Floats
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:29:30 -0400
Hi list!
    I have removed my engine & tranny out of my car last Sept. 2K2 &
last used that engine 8/2K2. I started it up to warm up & [free the
clutch from the Flywheel that had been attached for about 14 months]
drove it 1 mile [quick Test Ride (TR) ;-) ]. Not realizing that that
test drive would be the last time petro would be sitting in my SU Float
Bowles. Now it is April 2K3 with the 'Same Petrol' sitting in the Bowels.
    QUESTIONS:
1- Do you think 'gum build-up' HAS formed on the SU's?
2- What is the simplest way to remove All petrol for the SU's?    I
really DON'T have the funds or the time [now] to rebuild them or
disassemble them. I'm concernend about petrol 'gum build-up'.        I
was thinking of just removing the bowles screws , emptying, & installing
bowel back in place. BTW- I may not get to touch these carbs for another
20 yr. [IF I make it that long. :-\ ].
-Cosmo Kramer