RE: horn repair

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[CA6004A0:01C2F5F8] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h2TDgJ0K031349
Subject: RE: horn repair
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:40:41 -0600
If I'm not mistaken, Dan Master's book "Triumph TR250 - TR6 Electrical
Maintenance Handbook" has a good section on horn trouble shooting and
adjustment.

Bill
74 TR6
Atlanta

Subject: horn repair

Mark,
Give it a try - and use little screws, nuts, and 'locktight' if proper
heavy
rivets can't be found to close it back up.
I bought a non working pair of Italian vintage air horns (typically seen
on
TR6s etc) and cleaned everything up (corrosion inside) - and they work
great
now. On TR4 original horns you will probably need to clean up crusty
electrical contacts inside to get them working again - be careful with
the
diaphram.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

Well, I'll try this again. Has anybody successfully disassembled a
non-functioning horn, cleaned it up & got it working again? I'm curious
as to how it came apart & how it was riveted back together.

Mark Meany
TR4A CTC62486 O