RE: Help with Lumenition Ignition

To: "David" <dmb993@earthlink.net>, "TR250" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help with Lumenition Ignition
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:28:48 -0800
> Difficult to explain,
> but does anyone know of any issues with lumenition
> ignition, the rotor used, and the phase of the rotor
> with respect to the chopper. We suspect problems in
> this area.

The phasing is definitely important; the rotor must be near the right post
when the ignition fires; under all conditions of centrifugal and vacuum
advance/retard.  I believe Crane actually suggests sacrificing a distributor
cap, drilling a hole so you can see where the rotor is when the ignition
fires.

I also found that my rotor had a sort of counterweight on it, that was
whacking the Crane's pickup.  Switching to a later style rotor solved that
problem.

Randall