TR6 speedo repair

To: "Triumph List \(Triumph List\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 speedo repair
From: "Rob Christopher \(robc\)" <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:56:44 -0500
Hi again everyone,

It's dash reconditioning time, and I need to replace, of all things, the
little blue high beam indicator inside the speedo.  To do this I need to
remove the faceplate from the speedo.

I've read through the Anthony Rhodes "Repairing Jaeger and Smiths
Speedometers"  It simply says to twist and pull on the pointer to remove
it from the spindle.  I'm looking at my speedo and I see what looks like
a little clip in there behind the pointer and am wondering if that needs
to be removed?  Is that what is holding the pointer on?  Do I really
just have to pull and twist to get the pointer off?

Has anyone recently pulled their speedo apart and can testify as to how
the pointer comes off?

Rob in Ottawa
74.5 TR6  CF28217UO  (still dealing with fiddly bits instead of body
work)