RE: SB 708

To: Scott D Kohl <sdkandlsk1@juno.com>
Subject: RE: SB 708
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:49:32 -0800
Dean Paige wrote:

>Do you think that the people of this state are as screwed up as the
>legislators?

Um, excuse me, Dean, but how did the legislators get to be
legislators? Were they dropped at the state capitol by aliens? No.
The citizens of (insert your state here) elected them. Therefore, my
answer to your question is a resounding "YES." (and that goes for the
state of Oregon where I am as well)

>The government is irrelevant in the context of the quality of my life in CA.
>I make it what I want it be, not some politician.

Seriously, I DO like this attitude. Don't let the turkeys get down,
in other words. Well said. I'm with Scott, though
 no pin-headed
bureaucrat is going to tell me how many miles I can drive my car.

>I've got better things to be concerned with than a few bucks spent
>on a smog check every two years. Big f***ing deal!

Look, Dean
 not everybody has the income that allows them to be as
unconcerned as you are about these kinds of costs. If you're not
upset by additional expenses, that suits me just fine. But don't
begrudge someone else if they object. To quite a few people these
expenses are significant. So don't stand in their way and don't
malign them as they seek to limit those expenses.
--
Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6