First of the year

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: First of the year
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 16:12:44 -0500
Just joining the ranks of northerners who have had the TR out for a run. +2C
(36F) and grey skies. Driving along, covered in dust and racoon tracks, but
feeling just fine.

I noticed that even warmed up she would stumble on starting from stop. I
think the temperature compensators are stuck. Certainly the carbs have never
had any work done other than diaphragm replacement and mixture adjustment.
Was doing the same last year until warmed up, but much worse now as the
ambiant air temp is so low. In the end of the 80s I was driving at -40C a
few times and had no problems so the design is good, just needs a tune up I
guess.

Anyway, back on the road again!

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6