RE: List Archive

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:17:11 -0800
Cc: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
> Hmmmm . . . what makes you think that the Triumph list archive
> search isn't
> available?
>
> The one with a link at the bottom of each message from the list?
> (Which can
> access the Triumph list archives directly from
> http://www.team.net/archive/triumphs)
>
> Or am I missing something?

The page is there, but the search engine seems to have some significant
problems.

To demonstrate this, try searching for 'trunnions' (no quotes).  Now we've
debated trunnions and what to put in them at length, there HAS to be lots of
matches in the database.  None show up. (Google finds 25, just in the
subject lines.)

Another problem, the "Restrict matched files" feature doesn't work at all.
To demonstrate, first search for my name 'randall', you get zillions of
matches.  Now select "Restrict matched files" and highlight all of the shown
archives.  No matches.

I've mentioned this to MJB, don't know what the hangup is.  OTOH I'm sure he
has better and more interesting things to do than fix the archives ... like
earn a living and play with his Triumphs ... so I for one am NOT
complaining.

BTW, it takes maybe 6 months for posts to show up in Google.  Don't expect
to find anything newer that way.

Randall