Re: GT6 seat foams, etc.

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 seat foams, etc.
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:20:23 EST
In a message dated 3/17/2003 10:47:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
GHaynesTR4@aol.com writes:

> My 1968 Mark I GT6 (KC7711) badly needs new seat foams, as well as
> diaphragms
> and back straps.  It looks like Rimmer Bros has them, but time and cost are
>
> deterring factors.  Does anyone know where I can find these in the states?
>
> The alternative is to have the installer make everything, another expensive
>
> proposition. Thanks!

You might look into Newton Commercial, also in the UK (which probably won't
help the time factor). <http://newtoncomm.co.uk/index.html> No financial
interest, and no clue about pricing, shipping, etc. But chances are that's
where Rimmer Bros gets their stuff to sell to you.

You might also check with the usual gang here (TRF, Moss, etc.). But the
early GT6 seats are rather unique, and the US suppliers quite possibly
wouldn't stock such items.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.