Run and Toys

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Run and Toys
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:25:37 -0000
Hi Folks
Just thought I would share this weekends activities,
We had a convoy today, an afternoon tea run, there were 13 cars, 6 2000 /
2500 saloons, 2 Dolomites, 2 Spitfires, 1 GT6, 1 Herald 1360 Convertible and
a Jenson Healy! Started on the local downs with a Quality Street being
handed out by one couple then we covered 24 miles with no incidents or
mishaps and all ended up at a tea room for a natter and a cake, a good time
was had by all. Weather was absolutely glorious, totally clear sky and
bright sun, and the convertibles had their tops down, though they were
wrapped up well as it is still cold, about 8 deg C!

I have just finished fitting cruise control on my 2.5 PI wow! The only
irreversible modification is two 3/16" drilled holes to fit the servo unit
to the inner wing, other holes have been drilled but they are in the plastic
steering wheel console and I have a few of those. Real easy driving and I
got a memory unit for three preset speeds, which should be useful for built
up areas!
I can hear the purists gnashing their teeth together and asking why I would
do such a thing? Well it would appear that from one of the areas with the
least density of "Safety" Cameras we are going to have possibly the highest
density next week. As I would rather not drive around oblivious of the
outside world watching the speedo I thought a far better way to avoid the
tickets would be cruise control.

Graham.

---