Triumph literature repository, any interest?

To: SDOliner@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, triumph_2000@yahoogroups.com, forum@triumphstag.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Triumph literature repository, any interest?
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 12:40:24 -0500
At 12:05 PM 3/8/2003, SDOliner@aol.com wrote:
>There is a Xeroxed copy of the Lucas Fault Manual, which crops up regularly,
>and sells for more than what you can buy an actual copy for. Someone on the
>Spridget list bought one, and then complained to ebay about it. The seller
>has since modified his listing stating "This is not a collector's item and is
>being offered only for the information contained in the manual"

Hi David...

Your post prompts me to revisit an idea I've had for some time regarding
printed information regarding our Triumphs.  I've registered the name
TRIUMPHINFO.COM and have always thought it would be cool to have a site
where, sorted by model, would be technical information, recall notices,
paint color chip cards and literature available for anyone to download
free.  For content, we'd all need to contribute.  It could end up being a
great repository of printed literature and tech info for our cars.  My
interest was sort of renewed when the Triumph list was trying to figure out
what the car in the Claritin commercial.  There was a link to the car, a
great, thorough site that had this type of info available on it.  Go to
www.renaultcaravelle.com to see what I am talking about.  How about it
fellow listers, any interest?  Has this been done already and I just
haven't found it?  I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel if so.  I've
cross-posted this to several lists I'm on to get additional feedback.

Cheers,
Blake Discher, Detroit

----
SPONSOR ME?  Driving my British car to benefit Hemophilia
Foundation:  http://www.mibrr.com
Play the game: "Don't Crash the
Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph