Re: Question About Smog Control in England

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question About Smog Control in England
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:20:01 +0000
On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, at around 05:44:01 local time, Bill Brewer
<bbrewer@qnet.com> wrote:
>     A co-worker is telling me that in England they made it so you can only
>drive your classic pre-smog control sports car on weekends and holidays. I
>don't think so. Can someone familiar with English smog laws fill me in?

English law says that all cars driven on public roads must pass the MOT
emissions test.   Period.   Either you can drive your pre-smog-control
sports car all day every day, or you can't drive it at all.   I have
never heard of anyone not being permitted to drive any correctly-tuned
Triumph.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671