Re: help wire #$%& wire hose clamps- TR6

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: help wire #$%& wire hose clamps- TR6
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:48:13 -0700
LGMiceli wrote:

>Now that I have stopped the bleeding from sticking a screwdriver into my hand
>trying to get the #$%#@ wire hose clamps onto my new hoses

Some of the replacements have a hex-head screw that allows the use of a
socket (5/16 ?) instead of a screwdriver.  Probably not as original but
if the screw heads are hex then the socket is much easier and safer.

You may find that these clamps (esp on a new hose) do not always give
you a water-tight connection.  If you get one that just won't stop
leaking,  use a band-type clamp for a few months, then remove it and
replace it with the wire clamp (separating it & wrapping it around
rather than pulling the hose).

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4