Exhaust manifold & Electric Fan for TR-6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust manifold & Electric Fan for TR-6
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:54:45 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Paige, Dean
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 12:35 PM
To: 'triumphs@autox.team.net'
Subject: RE: Exhaust manifold & Electric Fan for TR-6

 A belated thanks to all of those who responded to my request for an exhaust
manifold. I ended up ordering one from Ted Schumacher.

Update on engine rebuild

Well my block was pretty well buggered. Would have had to resleeve a number
of cylinders at the least. So I'm having a long block built locally...~
$3200.00 usd. Will include line boring as required, crank balancing, pinned
thrust washers, hardened valves, new cam and lifters, etc etc. Engine should
be complete sometime next week. Then installation. Had the 175 CD's rebuilt
at Apple Hydraulics, Lord they are a beautiful sight. Bead blasted the
intake manifold and then powder coated with a Crystal Clear marine grade
finish. It is also a sight to behold. Had the air cleaner housing PC'd to
match. Along with a new Triumph Tune Valve Cover, topside is going to be a
work of art. Replacing cooling rad fan with an electric unit and installing
an oil cooler this time around too. Along with leather seat covers on the
interior, new Tonneau and a new sound system I BE STYLIN' real soon.

I'm going to go for another 300,000 miles on this old friend. We're in it
for the 3rd or 4th time around now. Talk about reincarnations! NOBBCC is
doing tours now on the weekends and our membership is growing. If you're in
N CAlifornia check out nobbc.com for details. The weather here has been just
gorgeous this winter. Almost every weekend presented excellent touring
conditions. Can't wait til I'm off the bench with a new powerplant for the
spring season. Take me home country roads.

Deano