Break-in follow through

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Break-in follow through
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:11:07 -0500
Hi List!
    I would like to thank you for replying to my question about my 1st
30 mile ride in the rebuilt engine/tranny/clutch. The replies were, that
the chances of the rings Not seating in were, is not the problem, but
the something with the clutch.
1- One person thought that it might be just a poor adj. in the slave
cyl., which would cause the engine to break loose at 'peaking' torque
2,500 -> 3,000 RPM's.
2- Another person suggested that when this happens again to bleed the
slave cyl. a touch making sure that the return pressure in the MC is
working correctly.    Thanks again for your replies.
    I was not able to work out in the garage yesterday because we had a
power failure all day, no lights to see Or able to turn on any heat :-(
. So I was not able to follow through on these leads yet. I was thinking
of putting the car up on 4 stands & testing out the car in the air in my
garage. Will this work to check out the clutch 'slippage' or do I need
the 'road resistance' to be able to get the 'slippage'? I'm on the
digest mode & backed up again because of the power failure. So would you
please be willing to reply to me & the list if you chose to reply? TIA,
-Cosmo Kramer