RE: Carb bypass valve diaphragm

To: Mickylong@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Carb bypass valve diaphragm
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:51:26 -0500
Mickey,

The diaphragm can be purchased separately from the carb rebuild kit. It is
critical to making the bypass valves work properly. If you replace it, you
will need to adjust the valves properly. The Bentley manual gives
instructions. Some people just blank off the bypass valves by replacing the
gasket with one with no holes in it. The claim is it only affects emissions
and you get some extra pops when you decellerate.

- Hugh Fader