Dremelling aluminum (LBC, honest!)

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Subject: Dremelling aluminum (LBC, honest!)
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 10:54:42 -0500
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h1NG0PY4015859
Message text written by Mark Hooper
>So what type of
bit(s) am I looking for here? Or am I barking mad to think they can cut a
grove 4' long in aluminum?
<

Mark, you may want to check out a few machine shops in your area and see if
they can do it on an endmill.  Something with an X-Y indexing table is
probably a minimum requirement.  Trying to do it by hand will take a very
stable hand, indeed.  I know if I tried it the resluts would be
disappointing.

Having dabbles with a Bridgeport, I would not attempt it any other way.
And even with an endmill, the radii at each corner will be tricky.

Dave (still with stamped steel cover)