Re: TR3a without air filters

To: <HarvoC@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a without air filters
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 19:23:32 -0500
Harvey,
Is it possible that you are interfering with the choke linkage somehow when
the filters are installed and not allowing the jets to retract and seat fully
once released?
An obvious problem would be clogged filters restricting air flow thus
enriching the mixture but I am guessing that you have considered that. If not
why not try a new set of filters.
Are you certain that you have the correct filters? Are the filter openings too
small and not matched to the carb throats and restricting air flow?
Some thoughts.
Jerry Van Vlack