RE: Dan Masters Website

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Subject: RE: Dan Masters Website
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:31:02 -0800
> Randall Young wrote:
>
> > > The reostat replaced the panel light switch around TS43000 (Feb 59)...
> >
> > Fitting of the rheostat between TS43000 and TS60000 appears to have been
> > spotty, even on US cars.

Geo Hahn replied :

> Then I will assume that the switch on mine (TS47905) is correct
> -- esp since the
> hole is not sized for a rheostat.
>
> Now... when you say it moved, when it was a switch was it the top
> or middle hole?

To the best of my knowledge, the dash light switch was always fitted in the
topmost hole.  Several of the owner's manuals show it there, and that's
where it's been on all of the cars I've had or disassembled.

However, Bill Piggott's Original Triumph TR2/3 says the switch goes in the
middle hole, and that the rheostat goes in the top hole; and has photos to
back that up.  I have several dash panels that bear witness he is mistaken
on this point ... but just possibly it was a UK vs US difference (all my
cars have been US spec).

I'd be interested in hearing what the TRA judging manual has to say, if
someone has it handy.  Been meaning to buy one myself (even joined TRA for
that purpose) but haven't gotten it done.

Randall (got my Nomex undies on, let the flames begin)