RE: Ferrofluids

To: "'Karl Vacek'" <KVacek@ameritech.net>, TR Listserv <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ferrofluids
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:36:07 -0500
Hi Karl:

Thanks for the feedback. A couple of listers have mentioned the Cadillac.
It's just that this stuff was supposed to be absolutely everywhere already.

Cost I guess. I think a gas shock absorber costs about $4-$5 to make even
though you buy it for $50-$100. Those are the margins they insist on. So
even if they could make the ferrounit for $25 nobody would pay $600 for it
except for unusual cars or as fancy options.

I guess it will still be a while before we use these as upgrades in the TR6.
:^)

Mark