TR6 front plate mtg?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 front plate mtg?
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:29:17 -0500
Hello,
        Can someone describe to me the original, correct way to
mount a front license plate on an early TR6?
        I think angle brackets were fastened to the underside of the
bumper, but am not sure if the plate is supposed to hang vertical or
angled, and how far back.
        I'd rather not use a front plate at all, but Massachusetts law
says I have to if I have two (plates).  I don't need any extra reasons
to get pulled over, so I might's well try to make it original.
                TIA,
                        Rick   1973   TR6   CF2570U