Re: Weather jabber

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>, Don Spence <dspence@oanet.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weather jabber
From: Charlie Shaw <charlie.shaw@acsalaska.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:05:26 -0900
At 08:02 PM 2/17/2003 -0600, Phil Ethier wrote:
> > > BTW, our summer days are longer than yours.  :-)
> >
> > But NOWHERE  near as long as ours! Try 4am to 10 pm in June
> > OK Time for Alaska to chime in.
>
>Right you are.  You can't argue with a lister with a real latitude.
>
>Any Finns on the list?
>
>Here in the "frozen north lands", we are really only at the same latitude as
>Venice Italy.  It's good enough to have us listed as the coldest "major
>metropolitan area" in the USA, since Alaska does not have a "major
>metropolitan area".
>
>Buffalo New York is listed as the snowiest "major metropolitan area" in the
>USA, since Upper Michigan does not have a "major metropolitan area", either.
>
>Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
>1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
>pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com

Finns indeed!!! You guys in Minnesota sure like to rub it in about "major
metropolitan areas". I am sure you don't know what cold is if you need a
"qualifier" for the size of your city, or whatever. When the HIGH temp for
a three week period reached a balmy -45Fand the low for the day was -53F
without wind chill then we can talk.

As for the snowiest area, even in Anchorage we get 7 feet each winter on
average and some areas ( not major mind you) get from 10 to 18 FEET.

So go ahead, brag a little and when you want the real thing let me know. I
invite any and all to see the best the USA has to offer.

Charlie Shaw
( Head down and wishing there were sand bags available)
Anchorage Alaska (15 and flurries)