Comical Snippets of an off topic series DELETE before reading

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Comical Snippets of an off topic series DELETE before reading
From: "Rave Racer" <raveracer77@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 20:17:20 -0500 FILETIME=[68EA1110:01C2D48E]
    It's Valentines day and for the first time in .....   EVER, I have
someone to go spend it with.  In the spirit of my celebration this entire
message is completely inappropriate and off topic, and you'll note that I've
gone to some lengths to make it that way.  Considering how many bad things
have gone on here in the last couple of years (see how many cars I gave away
listed in my Sig) I think I'm entitled to this one moment of happiness.

vheciles <--- dyslexic topic?  Didn't mean to poke fun, but really now,
everybody saw it and said nothing.  You know, like the whole Iraq rebuilding
it's army thing.

> "Detroit" decides to add luxury interiors with far too many frills, double
the
> price for the same vehicle and they can't make enough of them, thats
called
> smart, now I have to wonder what all these family folks were driving
before
> the SUV's became a trend setter and not a must have vehicle, how the heck
has
> a family kept together as a family on trips for the last 80 years without
> these hogs, and now to justify these hogs they have now come up with
"people
> miles per gallon", wow if only "Henry F" had thought of that phrase way
back
> when, no he was a realist and not a excuse maker, to put it quite bluntly
P.T.
> Barnum phrased it correctly over 100 years ago "There is a sucker born
every
> minute, my parents only had 7 children and we traveled quite a bit
together,
> never did figure "People per miles though.  "FT"

        Well this really is a good point.  Same point that was made for the
whole Y2K prob "What will we ever do without computers!!!"  Hey, they're
only 50 years old really, and cars only 100.  We for one had a Delta 88
Wagon back when they were still square (mid 80's)  Before that we had a mid
70's Pontiac Parisienne nicknamed "The Tankmaster" for obvious reasons.

>> Who is John Galt ?
>
> Randall

    As far as I know he's a guy who founded a small town just to the west of
Toronto Canada called Guelph.  He's our Jebidiah Springfield if you will.
Guelph (pronounced Gwelf) was named after the royal family before they
changed their name to Windsor.... Or so I've been told, I'm to young to give
a damn.

> So.............how 'bout them Mets this year?

    Who are the Mets??  No no.. wait.. don't answer that.  I don't want to
get OFF TOPIC!!

> was misconstrued, I apologize.  I truly believe that we mostly all
> worship the same God, whether He be called Allah, Jehovah or anything
> else.

    Personally I like to call my God Mr Winky.  But I'm deranged and
supporting off topic nonsense as it is to start with.

> be insulted by people who don't share my feelings.  People's political
> views should be restricted to the proper forum.  But if we let one side
> blatantly express their opinions without answer, we would be creating a
> very slanted view of what the truth is!

    Do you mean like the American Media does?  People in France, South
Africa, Oriental countries, and anywhere else in the world that gets
anything OTHER then US only media coverage back me up on this one.

> > Can anyone recommend a Triumph mailing list? Where they talk about
Triumphs?

    I once did a powerslide up an on ramp to a highway in my Audi Quattro
and got pulled over halfway up the ramp and the cop let me go because...
well I don't know why, but the guy behind me got a ticket for not wearing
his seatbelt.  <--Triumph over my own stupidity.
    Going down a merging ramp in two feet of snow the chin spoiler on my
Jetta dug into the fluffy white nuisance and spun me around, then my
momentum took me to the middle lane of a 6 lane highway during rush hour
narrowly missing one 18 wheeler and putting me in the path of a second.
Thank MR. WINKY for FWD and a clear head I did a reverse front end spin out
and doomed the underwear of two truckers and one VW driver, but slid safely
into the emergency lane out of harms way.  <---Triumph over life and death.

> gallon) for regular.  And to really cause your blood to boil... According
> the news last night, regular is 16 Cents a liter in Iraq.

    Well c'mon, a 10 year old with a divining rod can find Oil in Iraq,
until "Sadly Insane" (Iraqi Dictator) bops him on the head and says it's
his.  In this case availability breeds contempt.

> I always heard that in eastern Europe, for years vodka was cheaper than
> windshield washer fluid, so they used that instead. Talk about happy
> motoring. Just imagine the reaction of our drinking and driving hysterics
if
> every car had an opened bottle of Moskovskya in the back seat.

    Never again will I tell someone to go drink their Washer fluid
(Variation of go play in oncoming traffic which, YES, I have already done
... see above).  Is coolant still ok?

  And now I await your flames.
       Rave Racer    <---Smartass

'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX  gone but not forgotten
 http://www.vwot.org/members/Pete.html
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan    another victim of time
 http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
'72 Triumph GT6   Not running and still the only one worth keeping.
 http://www.triumphowners.com/uploaded/50-50-111014_20raveracer-gt6-1.jpg
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)    ...is no more