engine performance mod help needed

To: "Peter Beyl" <beyl@erols.com>
Subject: engine performance mod help needed
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:02:41 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h1EF77CL016601
Message text written by "Peter Beyl"
>What's
the
> most cost effective way to give my car some spunk? Oversize pistons, mill
> the head, cam?<

Milling the head and the camshaft can be done without pulling the engine
and you can take upto .100 or so and increase the CR from 7.75:1 to 9.5 or
10:1.  This will help significantly.  The 75 TR6 already has a decent
camshaft (better than the earlier models) but you can change to the "S2"
cam for improved high end rev'ing.  Since there was no difference in
pistons early-to-late and the amount of work involved, I'd leave them
alone.  You could get some racing pistons but there are other things you
should do if you do that which involves complete disassembly.  Things like
align boring and balancing.

I'd stick to the head and cam for a street car.  If you do that the
Strombergs will be just fine.

Dave Massey
71 TR6 (with 9.5:1 CR)