Reusing clutch system on TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Reusing clutch system on TR3
From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 17:14:23 -0800 (PST)
The resto of ol' TS42099L is becoming progressively
more expensive and, after investing in R&P, I need to
try to save some bucks. So I've got the original
tranny (initial inspection shows to be in pretty good
shape) as well as a decent looking clutch setup. The
pressure plate looks good w/ just a bit of surface
rust. Same goes for the clutch disc. The release
bearing/sleave seem OK, but this is probably best
replaced? Slave cyl is missing, but fork is good.

SO, plan is to perhaps replace release bearing, sand
out surface rust on pressure plate/disc/flywheel,
clean up tranny and replace at least top cover gasket
(any other gaskets I should renew?), and slap it all
together .... hoping it will get me through at least a
couple years. Am I doomed for failure with this game
plan? Any words from the wise?

Oh, one part I can't quite seem to locate from Moss
motor's diagram is #848-005 (FRONT COVER (2 3/8"
sleeve)) Is this a seal of some sort???

Richard