RE: Oil pressure sender data

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: Oil pressure sender data
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:32:41 -0500
Message text written by "Randall Young"
>There's no complete standard anyway, when the oil sender on my Chevy
failed,
I found that the original sender was NLA and current replacements made the
gage read roughly 25% low.  Among the GM senders, there is apparently a
standard resistance range, what varies is the pressure at which the sender
reaches full scale.  My Citation had a 60 psi gage, I could only buy an 80
psi sender.
<

Now that you mention it, I had to replace the sender on my 79 Mustang and
as I recall, it was about $3.00.

Perhaps the $96 price tag is indicative of the uniqueness of the part.  Let
us hope not.  For Mark's sake.

Dave