Re: 11AC alternator

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "British-Cars@Autox. Team. Net" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "Triumph Stag list" <stag@digest.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 11AC alternator
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:44:10 -0000
Randall,

The 11AC alteranator is not a direct interchange as the wiring is quite
different. The 11AC has a separate regulator box. The 11AC unit is a very
old unit by toadays standard and not a good choice.

I assume you have the ACR unit fitted to your Stag. A direct replacement
would be the more modern A127 unit as fitted to British built Nissan
Bluebird rated at 72 amp. All that is required is a pulley change.

Most modern day UK Rovers have this same alternator fitted in 55amp and
65amp form.

Later Fords do have unit this fitted rated at 65amp. However most do not
have the euro plug wiring connection anymore so not a direct replacement.

In UK I sell these as a good used unit at #25.00. However being heavy I
think shipping to the US a might expensive.

Regards
Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O