RE: Searching for HS6 carbs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Searching for HS6 carbs
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:47:13 -0800
> 2 good opportunities to locate and purchase the correct HS6 carbs for my
> '65 TR4a have slipped by me (sorry Fred) so I'm still searching for
> anyone that may have a set with linkages for sale.  I'm looking for HS6
> carbs with the floats on the outside and linkages in the middle.  Of the
> 2 I missed out on one was rebuildable with intake for around $100 the
> others were totally done and ready to mount and I'm sure in the $300
> area, although rich for my blood I'm getting desparate <grin>  So if you
> have them and want to sell them or know where I can locate a decent set
> please let me know.

Original HS6 carbs are getting a bit tough to find; there were only about
16000 TR4As made with the HS6 carbs and they're a popular modification for
the earlier cars.  (Does anyone know how many of those cars came to the US
?) However, new ones are still available, from
http://www.burlen.co.uk
at about $400 a pair.  Should be "ready to mount", but probably don't
include the linkage.

Randall