Re: Was Radiator

To: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>, ZoboHerald@aol.com
Subject: Re: Was Radiator
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:18:08 -0800
Cc: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>, John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>, Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
While all this is true,  I know of  one pocket  of resistance, around
my area  near  Lodi, CA there  are  a great deal  of Street  Rods,
and 50s American iron cars,  the local A&W has  a  car show   every
Thursday from April till October  (that  A&W BTW  is the first one
opened).  As a result  there  are  great  little  shops  all  around
that  specialize in just exactly this  sort  of  stuff.  Casper's
radiator  was  recored  in  one, his  starter  rebuilt in  another,
and his  engine  was  rebuilt in another,  run by three  brothers
who only do  engines.
My mechanic (a man has  to know  his  limitations) not only is
honest, but  is good and  loves  cars.  I  feel  indeed  fortunate
to have  found this  sort  of  support  for Casper,  who ,  has
become a favorite in many of these shops,  the  first  question  I
get  is  almost  always,  "How's  Casper?" or "Where  is  Casper?"
The  only thing I  have  even the  smallest  problem  with is none of
these shops  are  in  a  hurry to  get  the  work done...and that  is
OK, because  I  am  really looking  for  quality,  not  speed,  but
taking  6  weeks  to  adapt a pressure plate to a flywheel  can  get
to be  frustrating...the  end result  however  was spectacular.

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3