Re: Ugly Duckling??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ugly Duckling??
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:12:03 -0800
Ugly Duckling??

I got yer ugly duckling right here!!!

In the mid-1980s, I bought this AMC Pacer REAL CHEAP that had a set of
really cool looking wheels that I wanted to put on my '74 Maverick - I must
have been an ugly mood back then!

The Pacer ran great and looked so clean, it was an orangish-tan, that I
figured that I'd drive it for awhile just for the experience (obviously,
I'm easily amused). I did for a few weeks.

Parts actually fell off of that car - the trim was glued on at the factory
and it was failing all at once like a time realease capsule - the glove box
door would fall open on minor bumps and the passenger's seat fell back from
the middle. The passenger's door handle fell off while I was driving on
Highway 280 near Cupertino.

I kept putting it back together and one day, some guy came up to me on the
street and bought it - but he just had to keep those wheels! Seems that
they were some sort of rare AMX ralley rims. I told him that while it ran
great, it wasn't a really good quality car but the said that the style
suited him.

Never wished to have it back - ever.

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch